Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Photo #2: Aileen [Eugene Jeong]


Taken on the 21st of November, 2009

I always tell her she's pretty but she doesn't believe me. She tells me sorts of excuses, and humble statements like, "No, I'm stressed." When she smiles, she's like Tiffany of Girls' Generation. I've been teaching her for two months but it feels like I've known her for a long time. She tells me we have the same passion for food, and we both suffer from sudden appetencies, but it doesn't show because for two months that I've been having classes with her, she hasn't added a gram to her weight--or maybe she's good at hiding it. She doesn't feel upset about having an entire page covered with comments for improving her essays. She's open-minded about corrections and constructive criticisms and she's not hard-headed, compared to other students out there. She's good but she doesn't brag about it. She just lacks confidence in talking but with luck, I can make her talk more in the future. She has assertion; the kind that isn't easily manifested by a foreign language student. People may try to be assertive but they still give up anyway. As for her, she knows what she believes in and she doesn't easily concede. She values freedom and I think that's one of the qualities that I share with her. She likes to try new things and she doesn't get scared by the appearance of Filipino food. Sometimes, I'm afraid I might gross her out with the food that I give her, but she doesn't mind. In fact, she even likes most of it. She's one of the nicest and most intellectual students I've had. 

When will we ever stop laughing when we have a class Aileen? I hope we won't. 

No comments:

Post a Comment