Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Photo of the Day


Taken last 24th of October, 2009

While everyone else was drinking booze at Metrowalk, or perhaps some may have gone home to savor the wee hours of the first weekend morning, I ate out with Jepoy [his Filipino name] and Evelyn in a not-so-popular Korean restaurant somewhere in Ortigas. Koreans do not normally eat meat without vegetables, so when we ate at Sarangbang, they served mixed vegetables in the absence of lettuce. It was a bummer though, since I was expecting the real Samgyeopsal, wrapped in green veggie leaves. Everyone, say hello to Pajori.

I took this photo using Jepoy's Nikon god-like camera, and thanks to its nifty features, I was able to capture the beauty of this dish even before Ebak [as I fondly call Evelyn] ate the whole lot. As I was writing this post, I felt fluids oozing out of my mouth. I feel like I haven't really eaten good food for years. Oh, god. Let me have some of this again. 

I got the steps in making Pajori from this site. You might want to do this for me this Christmas.   
  1. Shred about 3 bunches of green onions to make 5 cups. Soak it in cold water.
  2. In a large bowl, combine 1/4 cup soy sauce, 2 tbs hot pepper flakes, 2 ts sugar, 1 tbs sesame seeds, and 1 tbs sesame oil. Set it aside.
  3. Drain the shredded green onion.
  4. Add the green onion to the bowl and mix it with the sauce. Set aside. [What do you mean set aside?! I think the writer should have said something like "Enjoy"-Jing

No comments:

Post a Comment