Monday, January 11, 2010

Reblog: A Blog about Blogging

Check the blogroll of this site. On the right side of the page, you can see great blog links of my classmates. Likewise, I encourage you to read and write, then start your own blog.

I started blogging when I was in high school. Technically on and off track, I have been a blogger for 8 years now. It’s pretty amazing how this thing works and how it makes me sit in front of the computer for hours, opting to make a decent post rather than getting an academic work done. It’s addictive. You put your whole self into it, and it becomes an output of your life.

I find it ironic that I have not really made a blog about blogging per se.

I started using a blog to rant about school work, emotions, books I read and sudden literary rush. Before, it was my immaturity that pushed me to write about shallow perspectives of love and life. I don’t know if I have changed in the way I think or even in the way I write about things. Still, if there’s anything that I wish to retain, it’s my identity. I’m talking about my sardonic, cynical way of putting things into writing.

With the long list of things to do for this school year, it’s really a feat to update a blog. That’s why now, I value this baby so much, everytime someone appreciates it by placing a comment on the entries, I literally kiss my monitor. So what if I don’t memorize things? At least I get trained to write about what I need to know and what I have already known.

This boils down to one simple thing–value your outlets. If you don’t have a friend, you’re lucky to have a blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment